Coding can be the most complex and labor-intensive part of an organization’s revenue cycle. With a nationwide shortage of qualified medical coders, healthcare organizations and ambulatory practices struggle to find the right people to fill their seats. To best utilize coder capacity, optimize coder abilities, reduce labor costs, and cut down on denials, health system leaders are looking to go beyond CAC. Autonomous coding offers organizations a smarter way to code and accelerates the revenue cycle.
In this session, the audience will:
- Understand the differences between CAC and autonomous coding
- Comprehend the technology behind autonomous coding
- Learn how structured and unstructured documents are normalized
- Master the process through meaningful workflow
- Recognize how to measure autonomous coding success through KPIs