This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the personal data that DeliverHealth collects, how we use it, and when we share it, as we interact with you, deliver our products and services, and conduct our business operations.
This Statement applies to DeliverHealth, Inc., its affiliates, and any wholly owned subsidiaries worldwide, referred to in this Statement as “DeliverHealth.” When we refer to DeliverHealth products, we mean all DeliverHealth products and services.
For the purposes of applicable data privacy legislation, the DeliverHealth affiliate or subsidiary responsible for the collection and use of your personal data is either the affiliate or subsidiary with which you contract or engage, or the affiliate or subsidiary located in the country in which you reside.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
DeliverHealth collects personal data when we deliver our products, conduct marketing, and run our business operations. The personal data we collect varies based upon whether the data is collected (i) through our websites or applications, including www.deliverhealth.com (“Sites”) or (ii) through our products and services, including but not limited to our software, support services, voice recognition technology, and medical information products (“Products”).
We may collect personal data directly in the following situations:
- When you purchase, download, or register DeliverHealth software, or use our software support services, we may collect contact information such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and financial and payment details, together with information on the DeliverHealth Products you buy, download, or register.
- If you engage with DeliverHealth for marketing purposes, such as by expressing interest in DeliverHealth Products through a web form, participating in a promotion, or attending a DeliverHealth or other marketing event, we will collect the information you submit to us, such as your contact details (including name, email address, phone number, organization, and job title) and the DeliverHealth Products that interest you.
- When you submit an employment application, we collect the personal data disclosed by your application, such as your name, email address, phone number, and employment and education history.
Through our Products, we may collect personal data directly in the following situations:
- When you use DeliverHealth voice recognition technology, whether by using DeliverHealth own Products or by using third party products that employ DeliverHealth voice recognition technology, we may capture your voice and the words that you speak into the product.
- If you use a DeliverHealth medical information sharing Product we will collect the personal data and healthcare images you submit.
- If you use Swype and permit us to collect your usage data, we collect information about the software and how you use it, including settings changes, device location, language selection, character trace paths, custom words, total number of characters tapped or swiped, speed of text entry, and similar data.
- We may also collect other electronic data derived from your use of our Products. This data may include your IP address, usage data, and data showing your registration, installation and use of DeliverHealth software Except for IP address and unique device identifiers, we generally collect this data on an aggregate and non-identifying basis.
DeliverHealth may collect personal data indirectly in certain situations, in particular:
- We provide medical voice recognition, transcription, and clinical documentation Products to hospitals and medical To deliver these Products, we may collect patient data both directly from our healthcare customers as well as from vendors serving our healthcare customers such as individual doctors, imaging and laboratory services providers, and electronic health record service providers. This patient data may include name, address, birthdate, medical record number, diagnosis, image, and treatment information. Where consent is required for the collection and use of medical information, DeliverHealth will obtain consent if we interact directly with patients. However, if we are processing personal data on behalf of a third party that has direct patient access, it will be the third party’s responsibility to obtain the consent.
- We provide voice recognition, text input, and communications products to corporate customers, and we may collect personal data processed in those products, including voice recordings, text, names, or phone numbers.
- We obtain marketing contact information, including name, email address, phone number, organization, and job title, from our resellers and distributors, from public sources, and from third-party mailing lists.
- We collect personal data, including employment and education history, from third parties to conduct background and reference checks for employment applications and for applications to establish reseller and distributor relationships with DeliverHealth, subject to your consent where consent is required by law.
How We Use Personal Data
General Business Operations
We use contact information to market, sell, and service DeliverHealth Products, subject to your consent where required by law. We allow recipients of marketing messages and collateral to opt out of receiving further communications from DeliverHealth at any time without detriment.
We use your financial or payment information, and your contact details, to support, establish, and conduct customer relationships if you were to purchase a DeliverHealth Product or service. For example, your data would be necessary for the performance of our terms of service with you (including, for example, completing purchase transactions, fulfillment of an order, order confirmations, responding to requests for information about products and services, and the provision of purchased products and services). If you fail to provide the personal data we need, we may be unable to complete your transaction.
We use personal data from employment applications where necessary to support our legitimate interest in processing your application and to contact you if future opportunities arise.
We use personal data of individuals associated with proposed resellers, co-development partners, and distributors to conduct reference and background checks before entering into a contract and as necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject.
Data Processed Within Our Products
We use the personal data that is processed within our Products, such as voice data within voice recognition products, medical data within medical data products, personal data processed in communications products, and any personal data contained within product usage data we collect, to deliver our Products sold to DeliverHealth customers and for our legitimate interests and business purposes in tuning, maintaining, enhancing, and developing Products. A small percentage of audio recordings received by DeliverHealth, which may include personal data, are reviewed by human reviewers and transcribed into text for DeliverHealth product maintenance and improvement efforts. We never use this data, referred to as “Product Personal Data,” for marketing purposes; and we never sell or transfer your data to third parties for the third party’s own purposes.
We use aggregated, non-identifying, electronic data collected from use of our Sites and Products to operate, analyze, improve, and develop our Sites and Products. This information is not used to inform decisions about specific individuals; rather, it is processed to understand how different categories of users interact with our Sites and Products so that we can consistently provide our Products.
When We Share Personal Data
We do not sell your personal information.
- DeliverHealth does not sell your personal information. However, we may share certain personal information for a business purpose. If we share your personal data (including Product Personal Data) with affiliates, co-development partners, or with vendors acting on our behalf, we do so under binding agreements that require the third party to use and protect the personal data in accordance with the principles described in this Privacy These third parties are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide services to us.
We may share Personal Data in the following situations:
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries and with vendors acting on our behalf to perform services for DeliverHealth for a specific business purpose, support the Sites or the delivery of Products;
- With the customer on whose behalf and at whose direction we are processing the data; and
- When we have your consent to use your Personal Data for a specific purpose.
We may share personal data with our affiliates, co-development partners, subsidiaries, resellers, suppliers, sub-contractors, and distributors, and with vendors acting on our and their behalf, to service our customers and perform any contract we enter with you (including, for example, with resellers who support our management of potential clients and vendors who conduct transcription in connection with our products and services).
We may also share aggregated, anonymous, or non-identifiable electronic data with our affiliates, co-development partners and with vendors acting on our behalf.
We may share personal data derived from Site usage (excluding Product Personal Data), with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our Sites, subject to the cookie section of this Privacy Statement. Our Sites may use Google Analytics. The way Google collects and processes data when delivering Google Analytics is described here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We may share personal data from employment applications with vendors acting on our behalf who help us in recruitment, background check and human resources matters.
We may also share personal data to comply with law and legal process, to respond to governmental inquiries and lawful requests from by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), and to protect life, property, or the security of DeliverHealth or its customers. If DeliverHealth enters any merger, acquisition, or asset sale of all or any part of its business, personal data held by DeliverHealth may be transferred to a buyer or successor entity.
Location of Processing and Cross-Border Transfers
DeliverHealth operates in many countries. We may transfer personal data across international borders and may process personal data in jurisdictions other than the location of original collection.
We may transfer personal data that we collect to other DeliverHealth affiliates or other companies performing support functions on our behalf (each as described above) based in other countries including to the United States or India or your country of residence and this personal data lawfully may be stored and/or processed in such countries.
Whether your personal data is processed within your country of residence or beyond, we will take steps to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards required of us under the Privacy Statement, applicable data protection laws, and appropriate legally recognized data transfer adequacy mechanisms. Personal data that is transferred outside your country of residence may be subject to lawful access by courts, law enforcement and other governmental authorities in accordance with the laws of the foreign jurisdiction.
Storage and Security
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. If DeliverHealth has issued you a password, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential.
We retain personal data to the extent necessary to provide Products to our customers, employees, and prospective employees. Generally, we retain personal data for as long as you remain an active customer or user of our Sites and Services and for 3 years afterwards, or otherwise as required for our business operations or by applicable laws. Longer retention may be necessary under contractual terms with the data controller for whom we provide services, for fraud prevention, to identify technical problems, or to resolve legal proceedings. Children’s data may be deleted promptly after we have processed it for our customer.
We may retain non-personally identifiable aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us improve and further develop our Products. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes. Any record of a stated objection by you to receiving marketing communications will be retained by us so that we respect your wishes by not contacting you further.
If a DeliverHealth customer puts DeliverHealth voice recognition Product technology in a customer product, DeliverHealth may receive speech data from product users to provide voice recognition to the user. This is a function of how DeliverHealth voice technology works. This means that if the user is under the age of 13, DeliverHealth may receive personal data from children under the age of 13. It is the responsibility of the DeliverHealth customer to obtain any consents required under applicable law, including under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and relevant data protection laws, for the collection of such personal data.
Except as described in the preceding paragraph, DeliverHealth does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. DeliverHealth has adopted a policy that DeliverHealth will not provide hosted services to primarily child-directed websites and online services
DeliverHealth never sells or transfers your data to third parties for the third party’s marketing purposes. You can object to receiving further marketing from DeliverHealth at any time without detriment.
You can write to us with any complaints, at any time by contacting us, specifying the nature of your request, at:
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (Worldwide) at:
Chief Privacy Officer
DeliverHealth Communications, Inc. 2450 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713 USA
DeliverHealth Employees and Contingent Workers
This Privacy Statement does not cover DeliverHealth collection of personal data from employees and contingent workers, which is described in a separate HR Privacy Statement made available to DeliverHealth personnel.
Changes To This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing an updated version on DeliverHealth Sites. Each updated version will include the date the statement was last updated. Please review the latest version of this Privacy Statement periodically to keep current with DeliverHealth use of personal data. If we make material changes in the way DeliverHealth uses or shares personal data, we will publish notice on our Sites. Any such material changes will only apply to personal data collected after the revised Privacy Statement takes effect.
Updated: August 23, 2023. (C) DeliverHealth